You will all be surprised to know that this earring holder was actually my HUSBAND'S idea! I used to have all my earrings on a big wire maniquin in our bedroom, but since I get ready in the bathroom (all by my lonesome in complete silence because my hubby is still sleeping) I am not able to admire all my earring choices for the day. He actually saw this on a website and then of course I saw it on Pinterest too. (How did we survive without Pinterest?!)
This project is really, really easy. First collect your supplies:
- Picture Frame
- Radiator Cover (mine came from Lowe's and the guy had no idea what a radiator cover was, but when I described that it was a metal sheet with holes in it for earrings he was able to point us in the right direction)
- And the most important, all your beautiful earrings
Here are the steps:
- Remove the glass in the picture frame.
- Use the piece of glass to measure how big the radiator cover needs to be and cut accordingly. You want the radiator piece to be a little (key word little) larger than the glass so it will curve out towards the middle once it is in the frame so the dangly part of the earring has room to hang. (Make sense? Ok good.)
- Discard the glass (do not, I repeat, do not leave glass on carpet because you could accidentally step on it and it shatter into a bunch of pieces... this may, or may not have happened to us).
- Put the radiator cover into the frame where the glass was.
- Replace original frame backing (this is optional, but if you choose to not use the backing, you will have to secure the radiator cover to the frame before you hang it).
- Hang your earrings and enjoy!!