I’m participating in Met Monday (see hyperlink under!). My metamorphosis = tree branch to fall decor. 🙂
I personally flared arms sleeper don’t generally decorate for Halloween, but last year I made a spooky tree and I adore it!
So this year, I wanted to do a tutorial and decided I wanted to make a ghost tree. It’s so simple. Here is what I did:
- Spray paint
- A stick from the yard that appears like a flared arms sleeper “tree”
- Spanish moss
- Spray adhesive/hot glue
- Optional: For the white ghost tree, I utilized “cheesecloth” to make ghost bats. For the black raven tree: I added spider webs, black plastic spiders flared arms sleeper and sheer ribbon for embellishments
I place the 17 Stories styrofoam inside my urn. I left the plastic on it.
Then I poked my stick through the center.
When almost everything was dry, I utilized spray adhesive flared arms sleeper on the moss and utilized it to cover the styrofoam. I place clumps in the “tree” also. Dragging it here and there.
Then I added embellishments (use hot glue if needed). To the black 1, I pulled spider webs from branch to branch (spider net is cotton-like solution purchased from 17 Stories Joann Fabrics) and added some spiders. I tied on sheer black ribbon bows. All completed! For the ghost tree, I added the owl. I reduce 6″ flared arms sleeper strips of cheesecloth. I folded in half and tied a knot in the middle. I utilised fishing line to string them from a handful of branches and shaped them to appear like ghost bats.
Here they are finished!
What do you feel?
17 Stories border=”0″ />
- A weblog celebration on Mondays through the autumn season
- Autumn/Fall inspired DIY projects
How can I join?
- Build a blog post about an Autumn/Fall project that you’ve carried out
- Add your weblog name and project to Mcklinky (example: The DIY Show off – Home # Pumpkins)
- Form in the permalink address, not your simple weblog address. A permalink is the address that links straight to your particular post. (example: http://thediyshowoff.blogspot.com/2009/08/residence-number-pumpkins)
- You need to use The DIY Show Off Fall Festival button and hyperlink back to The DIY Show Off Fall Festival post so that absolutely everyone gets to join in the enjoyable. Here is the button:
- This week’s link to cut/paste is: http://thediyshowoff.blogspot.com/2009/09/fall-festival-week-two.html
- I’ll be posting The DIY Show Off Fall Festival on Mondays and try to start off the party sometime on the prior Sunday evening.
- Despite the fact that a tutorial is useful, it’s not required. Anything autumn associated and DIY is permitted.
- Please follow all actions above or your link won’t be posted. 🙁
- If you’ve been inspired by something you see right here – show us what you did as well!
- Love and be flared arms sleeper inspired!
Verify out the prize (some thing each and every DIYneeds)! Make new close friends!
Trash to Treasure Thursday (hey – sticks in your yard are trash!)
Susan’s Metamorphosis Monday on Amongst Naps on the Porch -head more than for tons of hyperlinks to terrific transformations!
Fall Nesting 2009 at The Inspired Space